Monday, October 4, 2010

Birthday Dinner for Friends

Just over a week ago I had the joy of celebrating two of my girlfriends' Birthdays.  One Birthday girl, Ann, hosted and made a delicious meal for us.  She wanted to make a meal that I could easily eat.  It was amazing!  Simple, yet much more fancy than what I eat on a day-to-day basis.  For now, here are pictures and eventually I plan on recreating these and will post the recipes.

Dinner was a Tropical Salad that had romaine lettuce, mango, green and yellow peppers, cucumbers and macadamia nuts:


The dressing was raw also and some of the ingredients were lime juice, cilantro, cayenne pepper, olive oil and dill.  May sound weird, but it complemented the salad perfectly!


Here's the second Birthday girl Missi enjoying her dinner:


Then it was dessert time!  Here's Ann eating the leftover batter for Raw Chocolate Cookies. Some of the ingredients were cacao powder, peanut butter, agave syrup, vanilla and sea salt then dipped in almonds.  Can you say HEAVEN?!


We all ate the batter while we waited for the cookies to harden in the freezer.  I ended up taking some finished cookies home and stuck them in the freezer because the next day I started my detox and peanuts and peanut butter aren't allowed. :(  So they're waiting for me...

Amazing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment