Monday, November 15, 2010

Finding My Way

These last two weeks I have spent redeeming the previous three weeks.  It has been refreshing and I am learning the value of doing something because it is healthy and not because of the immediate results that I could/should be getting.  Very rarely in my life have I done anything purely for the sake of being healthy.

The past eight weeks I have lost absolutely no additional weight and I find it very frustrating.  I was losing weight so drastically for the first 12 weeks, that to have it stop all of the sudden has been very discouraging.  I think that contributed to me not being as strict with the raw lifestyle a few weeks back.  I went through a weird mind game where I struggled with if this was really worth it or not in every manner.

To make a long story short, I eventually came back around to wanting to continue this lifestyle.  I kept reminding myself of my long-term goals and to stop being distracted by the lack of short-term progress.

During those three weeks where I wasn't being as strict, I found myself trying to purchase foods that I haven't eaten in months...things like cookies. and bread. and candy. and lots of other stuff.  But I just couldn't.  Part of my plan with my nutritionist is to avoid gluten as well, so that eliminated lots of foods that could have been options.

I didn't realize that by living a raw vegan lifestyle I would totally re-wire my brain.  While looking through the food aisles filled with pre-packaged-anything-I-could-ever-desire, I found that none of it was actually truly appealing.  I couldn't even bribe myself to put any of it in my cart.  Believe me, I tried.  Really, really hard.

These past two weeks I have been fully back on track and still have seen no additional physical changes, but I am trying to be okay with that.  I found out there are some underlying blood sugar/adrenal gland/other stuff issues going on which explains the lack of weight loss despite my lower calorie intake and increase in exercise.

So I have been very diligent in eating the quantity I need to and at the frequency that is important.  I continue to work with my nutritionist to help get all this under control and to monitor how my body is reacting to all this.  Much more to say, but I'll stop here for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment