Tuesday, September 21, 2010

RawResources

I recently added some links on the right hand side of my blog that may be of interest to you.  One section is for books/cookbooks, the other section I added is for blogs/websites I've found to be extremely helpful.  I will keep adding to them as I go along and find additional useful information that's worth sharing.  There are many, many more resources out there that I haven't mentioned, but not all of them are to my personal liking.

Here are some resources that have been extremely helpful to me.
  • Valley Natural Foods Co-op
    This grocery store has been a lifesaver for me!  Not only do they have all the food I need, but the staff is very helpful when I'm trying to find something that I've never even heard of before...like organic Nama Shoyu (which I found out is a raw soy sauce).  They work with local farmers to get fresh, organic produce and I can taste the difference!
  • Any Phyo's cookbooks and website
    Her website and cookbooks have given me recipes to try.  Her raw food kitchen cookbook isn't just a cookbook - it's very educational and has taught me a lot about the raw lifestyle.  They have given me a place to start and also given me inspiration to start creating my own recipes.  It has been very helpful!
  • Twin Cities Raw Food Meetup Group
    I remember using google to try to find some type of group where I could meet other people like me.  Since I am new to all this, I didn't even know where to start.  Boy am I glad I found this group of people!  People that come to the monthly meetings are all at different stages of raw vegan living.  Some strive for 100% like me, others do a smaller percentage of their diet raw, others want to start or get back into eating raw and others are just looking into it because they're curious.  How it works is that everyone brings a raw dish (or even just some plain fruit or veggies) to share for dinner and then we get to eat lots of goodies, learn new recipes, and talk raw for a couple hours.  I have been to three of these meetings and it has already helped me a ton.  It helped confirm the changes I'm making and also gave me a wonderful group of people that I get the pleasure of getting to know.
  • Green Smoothie Queen
    If you've been keeping up on my blog, you'll know exactly who this is!  This is the website where I learned to fall in love with green smoothies (green leafy vegetables blended with fruits).

No comments:

Post a Comment