Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lindsey, My Inspiration

Today has been a very hard and sad day. 

The day started by me checking my email and seeing an update for Lindsey's CaringBridge site.  I went to the site and read the update.

Her mother wrote the passage letting everyone know that Lindsey passed away yesterday.

I started crying as my brain immediately started filtering through all the reasons why I loved her and why I would miss her.

The thing is, I barely knew her.

Before I ever met her I felt like I knew her.  She is a friend of a group of my friends.  They would bring her up when we would pray and eventually I became aware of her CaringBridge site that told her whole story.

Lindsey's writing was quite entertaining and engaging and honest.  How could a young woman, just two years younger than me, have such a talent to convey the realities of cancer while still excuding hope and sheer determination? 

The thing is, Lindsey is a HUGE piece of the puzzle of my personal journey, particularly regarding the Raw Vegan lifestyle.  You see, Lindsey followed this lifestyle because she believed it could make a difference for her LIFE.  I, too, believe that this lifestyle can make a postive difference in my life.  I have read every word of her CaringBridge journal and I urge everyone to just go take a glimpse to get a taste of what she has to offer.

There are other ways in which her life has impacted me, but this is one of the bigger ones.  I met her in person twice; once at a wedding and once at her house.  Both times she radiated kindness, sincerity and sweetness - inspite of her daily reality of fighting for her life. 

As I continue to mourn her loss, I feel like it is my privilege to continue a portion of her legacy.  I want to honor her and continue on this path both in her memory and also for my own health.

Lindsey, I will miss you and your inspirational writings.  Thank you for challenging me, even though you didn't realize you were, to be better and do better than what I was.  Thanks be to God that you are now in His glory.  I can't wait to tell you how much of a difference YOUR LIFE made in MY LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment