Sunday, September 19, 2010

Green Smoothie Queen - Day 3

This is the final post of the Green Smoothie series!  I would be very interested in hearing if anyone tried one (or a few!) and what you thought.  Feel free to leave a comment and share!

If you missed the Introduction post, you can read it HERE.
If you missed the Day 1 post, you can read that HERE.
If you missed the Day 2 post, you can read it HERE.
 
Content taken from my emails from the Green Smoothie Queen:



DAY 3: GREEN GRADUATES GALORE!

We often get notes left on the teacher's desk, and I thought I'd start off our final day together by sharing one with you. This is a letter received from one of my Challenge participants:

Dear Green Smoothie Queen,
My first day was an adventure. I love greens, but haven't been able to tolerate them in smoothies in the past. For breakfast, I had a repeat of my first ever green smoothie: a bunch of Swiss chard, a banana, some water and a teeny bit of Stevia. Very green. Perhaps more fruit would help, but it was good.

For lunch I had the same (Swiss chard, banana, water, Stevia) but I added half an apple. This was waaaay too sweet and still too "green". Soldier on!

Tonight's smoothie (still finishing it up now) is made up of Swiss Chard, 2 kiwis and half an apple. A little thick, but very tasty. And filling! Best one yet for sure.

Tomorrow I'm going to try a berry one. So far, so good! Oh, and I haven't had to eat anything BUT the smoothies because they are so filling. I'm not even hungry!!! I've washed my blender and my smoothie is almost gone, but I promise I'll take a picture of my berry green smoothie tomorrow morning!

I would NEVER have even TRIED this without you! How cool.

Ellen,
a 'virgin' green smoothie gal


THAT's why I do this! It makes me all slooshy and goopy inside when I realize that one more person has done something new, something healthy, something exciting for herself (or himself!) and is opening new doors on their own that will improve the quality of their life.

So THANK YOU for being here. Thank you for letting me encourage and inspire you (and I sure hope that I am!) Someday (like maybe about 11 days after you sign up for my 10-Day Green Smoothie Challenge?), maybe you'll be sending me a letter like Ellen's!

But before I spray more happy heart-pus all over you, I should mention that I have a BIG SURPRISE waiting for you in the classroom today!

Oh you're just gonna luv me for this one!



The Green Smoothie Queen









Gather with the Graduates in The Emerald Lounge!

1 comment:

  1. A friend posted this comment on Facebook so I thought I'd copy it here!

    "Believe it or not I was inspired and I am having my first one at this very moment. I used those large (black)grapes, 1/2 banana, 1 slice fresh pineapple and 3 handfuls of organic spinach. Surprisingly, it is actually very tasty. yay I am going to try the ten day challenge starting today-wish me luck!!"
    -Val

    ReplyDelete