Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ecopolitan Dinner - 100% Organic Raw Vegan Restaurant

Last Thursday I met up with the Raw Food Meetup Group for dinner at Ecopolitan in Minneapolis.  I've never been there, but kept hearing good things about it from multiple people I know.  I had a couple of friends and my sister join me.  I think the trip was a success overall!


Friend Molly, friend Natasha, sister Laura and me:

Just some of the other people that were at the dinner:

My meal - Rawvioli (thinly-sliced root vegetables with cashew “cheese” filling, ginger marinara sauce, balsamic onions, cashew “parmesan,” & bruschetta; served on house-dressed greens)

The little things that look like meatballs is actually the marinara sauce. I personally did not like my particular dish. However, we all shared food and tried the different dishes. The food was very good and I am looking forward to going back again!



Laura's meal - Spicy Thai Noodles (coconut curry sauce on zucchini, carrot, & daikon radish noodles with bell pepper, pineapple, cilantro, almonds, & coconut flakes; served on house-dressed greens):


Molly's meal - Hawaiian Pizza (sweet marinara sauce, pineapple, bell pepper, onion, macadamia nuts, & cilantro) (very good!):


Natasha's meal - Green Burrito (a collard leaf wrap with curried hummus, lentil “taco meat”, fresh vegetables, sunflower seeds, sprouts, & hot sauce; served with salsa & guacamole):

Dessert Time!!  We shared all three of these.  Up first, Cheesecake.  It really DID taste like cheesecake and was so delicious.
 Then we tried Coconut Cream Pie (num!):


Then my personal favorite dessert - Banana Bread Pie!!

Finally, here are more pictures of the food others ordered.  It was great to meet more new people!



No comments:

Post a Comment