Friday, August 20, 2010

Vacation Eating Adventure

My husband and I took a long weekend to get away and celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary.  Our first stop was Sundara Inn and Spa in Wisconsin, where we relaxed, spent the night and then got massages.

The fruit at the complimentary breakfast buffet:


For dinner the night before I had a Grilled Margherita Flatbread with tomato, basil, mozzarella and balsamic drizzle.  NUMM.O. (I understand it isn't raw, but the tomatoes were delicious which is a new appreciation for me.)


Then we drove towards Milwaukee to spend some time with Chad and Kim, which was long overdue.  Kim had researched local places where we could eat that would accomodate my new diet.  She found Cafe Tarragon, which was a cute little cafe type place at the back of a small retail store.

My meal was an 'egg' salad wrapped in lettuce - very good flavor:


Ry's meal was raw 'spaghetti' - the sauce had a great fresh flavor:


Kim's meal was a vegan pita sandwich:


Chad's meal was vegan rice and bean tostadas:


Dessert time!  We all shared the goodness.  First up, a raw cantaloupe pie with a double crust that had grapes between the layers:


Then we tried what we were TOLD was a raw dessert (by a brand new waitress who didn't know what she was talking about).  It ended up being a vegan banana bread - it was good, but I was disappointed that it wasn't raw...so some day I want to come up with or find a raw banana 'bread' dessert.  If anyone one knows of one, please pass it on!


We had such a great time trying new foods and enjoyed the company even more!

2 comments:

  1. Ry looks a little uncertain, there. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to read through your posts to catch up! But I just had to say I am THRILLED that you liked the tomatoes!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete