Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rawcipe: Cacao Pudding

RECIPE SOURCE:
Ani's Raw Food Kitchen cookbook by Ani Phyo

RECIPE TITLE:
Cacao Pudding

SERVINGS:
4 servings of 1/2 cup each

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 avocados
  • 2 bananas
  • 1/4 cup cacao powder
Place all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.




MY REVIEW:
  • Super duper easy to make.
  • At the time I was using my food processor for something else, so I thought I could use my blender. Not such a great idea on my part. This recipe is a little thick (afterall, it IS mimicking pudding) and I had to keep starting and stopping the blender to try to get it to actually mix. In the future I will definitely use the food processor.
  • I thought this tasted delicious. It's like a chocolate banana dessert. It seemed almost a little too chocolatey - go figure! But I'm okay with that. :) I couldn't even taste the avocados, but I could tell they helped with the consistancy, plus they have really good essential fatty acids.
  • It’s really good as a fruit dip as well. I ate half of it like pudding and the other half as a dip for strawberries – num!

No comments:

Post a Comment