Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pluot?

I'll be reposting my 'journaling' from when I started this journey and eventually I'll get caught up! I originally wrote this on July 20.

It is almost therapeutic to go grocery shopping now. I enjoy looking at all the produce and making a choice as to what I’m going to eat in the upcoming week. It’s so easy…I just stay in the refrigerated part of the co-op (thankfully they have a ton of variety!). I am actually amazed at the quantity of food I can buy for a very reasonable price – especially since I’m not buying any ‘novelty’ foods, like chips or premade cookies. The most pricey part of my diet is definitely the nuts.

I discovered a new fruit I didn’t even know existed! It’s called a Pluot and is a cross between an apricot and a plum, resembling more of the plum traits. I didn’t purchase any this week, but I think I will next week b/c I love plums. Isn't it neat looking?


 

I continue to feel good overall. I’ve learned to pretty much always have food handy for those times when I need food NOW. This is definitely happening less frequently, as I learn how much to eat for meals. I feel like a lot of my ‘uncooking’ is on hold at the moment b/c of my lack of tools, but I have to be patient. Soon enough I will get the tools I’ve been researching.

No comments:

Post a Comment