Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Little Venting

I'll be reposting my 'journaling' from when I started this journey and eventually I'll get caught up! I originally wrote this on July 11.

Something else I’m realizing is that I am doing this for ME. Not for the approval of others. I have gotten completely mixed reactions from people in my life that know what I’ve been up to. Everything from “that’s ridiculous” to “that’s wonderful”. And then a bunch in between urging me to eventually add in other foods as time goes on. What I think they don’t understand is that I may do exactly that, but at this moment I am being this severe b/c I feel compelled to.

It’s like I’m getting reverse discrimination almost. I don’t know how else to describe it. People are gawking at me eating raw vegetables for lunch: “That’s all you’re going to eat? Aren’t you going to have some bread or rice or…{fill in the blank}?” What if I did the exact same thing to them?: “You’re going to eat that pizza that is loaded with bad fats and oils and almost nothing of nutritional value?” Of course I will never say that – I mean, I ate that way all the time before two weeks ago! I am not better than anyone else and I surely don’t expect others to do what I am doing. But heaven forbid I try something that is good for me.

Again, I keep reminding myself of my purpose. No one else is me. I don’t have to apologize or even explain my decisions. The more I repeat this to myself, the stronger I feel. Now, on to week 3!

4 comments:

  1. i take the "this is wonderful, great, and you'll definately succeed at this" stand.. just say'n :)and you've inspired me to take more consideration to what i put in this body of MINE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock RawManda......keep doing what you need to do for you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap, manda. good_for_you! i have seen so many glimpses of this "i'm doing this for me; no apologies" side of you over the last year and a half...sadly, so soon before i left you for Fargo. i couldn't be prouder.
    melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel - I have thought of you often throughout this and wished that you were here to help me through the co-op the first couple of times. :) I miss you and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete