Sunday, August 1, 2010

RawManda Emerges

Today marks the start of week six of my journey into eating a Raw Vegan diet!

At the request of a handful of people, and hopefully for the benefit of those that are or will be like how I was six weeks ago, I hope that this blog can inspire and encourage people to give raw vegan foods a try. Even incorporating pieces of this lifestyle can be a great way to get a little more healthy!

Something that I noticed happened to me quite early in this process is that I decided to use organic produce, nuts and seeds. Granted, ANY fruit or vegetable is better than never eating them at all! But for myself, I realized that if I was going to do this, I might as well go all the way and make an effort to ensure that everything that gets put in my body is as pure as possible.

I was, am and will continue to be motivated to keep moving forward with the raw vegan diet because of my overall health (not my weight specifically).  I have not been perfect with this lifestyle thus far and know that I will never be.  But what I DO know is that I have already drastically improved my life and my health.  As many people say, I am taking one day at a time...and some days it's one meal at a time as I have to make the decision every time I am feeling hungry.

I have been helped so much by using Google to search out others (many on blogger!) who have lived this lifestyle. It's been fun to see what is possible. And to learn from their mistakes.  I can only hope that I too can help someone else.


1 comment:

  1. Good for you Amanda! I know making the change isn't easy. We've tried a couple of times. You've encouraged me to incorporate more raw meals into our family diet. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete