Friday, August 6, 2010

No More Visits to the Porcelain Throne!

I'll be reposting my 'journaling' from when I started this journey and eventually I'll get caught up! I originally wrote this on July 7.

Well, the change in habits has continued. Over the long holiday weekend, I had a couple of almost breaking points. I wanted a sandwich SO badly!! When I’m starting to feel hungry I feel like I want some ‘substantial’ food, which, in my brain, doesn’t include a raw fruit or vegetable. But instead I reach for a vegetable or fruit, eat to my heart’s content, and then I’m full. A miracle, I know! Go figure.

We were supposed to celebrate the 4th with family, but it rained, so we ended up not driving all the way to see the parade and go to the carnival b/c who wants to do that in the humid, wet weather? Not me. That was good though, I suppose, as I was not put into temptation so early into this change.

A couple of days ago I tried my first official raw vegan recipe. Basically it was a cauliflower mash (like mashed potatoes, but tasted much different b/c of the seasonings used). The seasoning was a bit too strong for me. There is Miso (it’s a paste from soy beans that tastes like soy sauce) and organic poultry seasoning in it and the combination of those is delicious, but was particularly strong in this recipe. So next time I think I’ll put a little less in. I could take a few bites, but then I’d have to stop. It was just too much. It’s still sitting in my fridge waiting for me…but I just don’t know if I’ll be able to do it. So I’m sort of ‘picking’ at it at the moment, and maybe eventually I’ll eat it all. It was an entire head of cauliflower after all!

Today I feel GOOD about the choices I have been making lately. I am proud of myself, even though I haven’t been perfect (like last night when I had a cup of ice cream – which, by the way, didn’t make me feel better or feel happy…instead, it made me feel guilty and almost like I was poisoning my body!). I feel like I’ve essentially done a complete 180. I have noticed an improvement on the scale as well, which is an awesome bonus to this process!

2 comments:

  1. Soooo interesting to read about your journey Amanda! That is so awesome, not sure I would have the will power!! Are you feeling good??Way to go and thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling good - thanks Karna! I'm definitely still learning how to eat...it's still a challenge some days to figure out what to eat!

    ReplyDelete