Sunday, August 29, 2010

Week 9 Rawview

These are just some of the raw foods I ate this week:
Apples
Bananas
Carrots
Crackers (made of various seeds)
Cucumbers (lots and lots of these!)
Muskmelon
Nuts (almonds, cashews)
Pies (a few bites of 3 varieties) from Ecopolitan
Potato Chips (dehydrated)
Rawvioli from Ecopolitan
Strawberries (fresh and dehydrated)
Vegan burrito *not raw (contained refried beans and black beans)
Water, water, water

Emotional changes:
This week I noticed that I wavered on my intensity.  Overall I still ate well, but a sliver of my passion was gone.  I plan on re-igniting my passion this upcoming week.  The last two weeks I have not been diligent with going grocery shopping and meal planning - I've noticed that definitely effects my decision making during the week.  Today I have regrouped and have a fridge stocked full of delicious fruits and veggies.  I am READY for Week 10! 

Physical changes:
Last week I mentioned my sleeping patterns.  Well this week there was a definite change.  I am now regularly waking up after getting 7.25 hours of sleep at night.  It's nice b/c there's more hours in my day, but sometimes I just love the thought of sleeping longer, you know?

This last week I have had a few people tell me that I look great.  And not because of the weight loss, but because of just how I look overall.  It's been so encouraging because these are the things that I can't necessarily tell: "you're glowing", "your skin looks great", and "you're just so happy".

Yesterday I got ill at the state fair, which then meant I didn't feel like eating...like at all.  I'm sure you know the feeling.  That in and of itself increased my weight loss by 1.2 lbs.

Pounds lost this week: 3.0
Pounds lost so far: 28.8
Average pounds lost each week: 3.2

I'm going to try to remember to take pictures every month...just to be able to document the changes, side by side.  Technically this should have been posted on the Week 8 Rawview.  Anyway, here is the first installment.

Before starting the Raw Vegan diet:
8 weeks after eating a Raw Vegan diet:

1 comment:

  1. I have just started reading your RawManda blog and I just have to say that you are an inspiration! The changes I've seen are incredible! From going from an already beautiful person, to an even MORE (somehow) beautiful person is wonderful to see. It's nice to see you happy, awake, empowered, and motivated is great! I am very proud of the changes you have made and that you are always striving to try new things and you aren't letting people cause you doubt about your life change. Love you Honey!

    ReplyDelete