Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rawcipe: Sprouted Wild Rice with Corn and Tomato

RECIPE SOURCE:
Ani's Raw Food Kitchen cookbook by Ani Phyo

RECIPE TITLE:
Sprouted Wild Rice with Corn and Tomato

SERVINGS:
2 *I made a double batch

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 cup soaked wild rice (start with 1 cup rice + 2 cups soak water)
    *Drain, rinse and refill the water twice each day.  I soaked the rice for 2.5 days, but it would have been even softer if I would have soaked it longer.
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 cup corn kernels *About one ear of corn
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, deseed, dice, to taste *I omitted these
  • 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil, optional
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, optional
Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Toss to mix well.

Will keep for 3 days in fridge.





MY REVIEW:
  • So this was fun to make and looks beautiful.
  • The rice is chewy, which I actually liked. It's very flavorful with the fresh tomatoes and cilantro.
  • Apparently I don't really like the taste of cilantro. :( Keep in mind that I am learning to broaden my horizons as far as flavors.
  • It's a refreshing cold salad and would have been quite filling had I actually eaten a real serving. Maybe next time I'll lay off the cilantro and try a different herb.
  • This was a hit for many people (including children!) though. I got really good feedback from the two groups of people I made it for, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment