Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thinking

I'll be reposting my 'journaling' from when I started this journey and eventually I'll get caught up! I originally wrote this on July 25.

Today I actually feel prepared for the upcoming week as far as food goes. I am planning on making pudding (consisting of bananas, avocados and carob powder), new types of green smoothies and some new fruits. I purchased a couple of Pluots and even a Mango - which I’ve never ever had before. I’m quite excited to try them out! My mom (hi!) gave me some tips on how to eat a Mango, and painted a funny picture of how it can be extremely messy. We shall see! {update: it WAS very messy!}

The longer I do this, the easier it is getting for sure. Today marks the start of week 5. Time is sure flying! But I am realizing that I really want those kitchen gadgets I mentioned earlier. Aaahh, to make ‘bread’ and ‘crackers’ sounds so delicious! I have recipes waiting to be made!

I find my mind being consumed with ideas of the foods I can make. I am also constantly thinking. Thinking of why I’m doing this. Thinking of all the things I’ve been reading and turning over ideas in my head about how to implement what I’ve read. I think that it really WAS a good decision for me to take a break from school and focus on my health. It has been MUCH more time consuming than I could have imagined. The more I read, the more I am convinced that what I’m doing is a good decision. I can tell I haven’t fully accepted the reality of why I’m making these changes b/c I am distracted by it all the time. Mulling it over and over and over in my head. What else can I do? What should I do? What will this look like for me in the long term?

No comments:

Post a Comment