Sunday, August 8, 2010

Week 6 Rawview

First, thanks to my hubby Ry for coming up with the title! :)  My original title was "Week 6 Summary"...kinda boring.  I'd like to recap each week as it comes to a conclusion.  If there's any other information anyone is interested in knowing, just leave it in the comments and I'd be happy to add it to my Rawviews. :)

These are just some of the foods I ate this week:
  • Angel-Hair Squash Pasta in Pesto Sauce
  • Green smoothies (various fruits mixed with kale, spinach or other greens) (examples and recipes to come!)
  • Romaine salads
  • Apples
  • Bananas
  • Grapes
  • Carrots
  • Crackers (made of various seeds)
  • Cucumbers
  • Nuts (almonds, cashews)
  • Plums
  • Raisins
  • Water, water, water
Emotional changes:
Week 5 was a hard week for me so I’m glad that week 6 was somehow just…better. I can’t explain it. Throughout this journey there are days when I want to give up and then days where I’m so excited about the changes. I haven’t yet been able to pinpoint what makes me feel better or worse.

I started this blog just a week ago and it has really helped me process what I’m doing. I finally have an outlet besides my poor hubby.

Physical changes:
I am tracking my weight loss throughout this, but I don’t know what else I could track that would be helpful/interesting. Any suggestions?

I didn’t experience lots of tiredness like I have been for most of the first few weeks. I find that when I have distractions, like social events, I think much less about whether I’m hungry or tired. I just enjoy my life…which is the whole point of this in the first place!

I’m still working on making sure I am eating enough food. I eat all the time, but I worry that it’s not enough, you know?

Pounds lost this week: 2.4
Pounds lost so far: 19.6
Average pounds lost each week: 3.3

4 comments:

  1. wow you've lost 20 pounds? You must feel GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Amanda! This is awesome! Other ideas for tracking besides weight would be your measurements, and if you have been to the doctor for those #s lately, things like cholesterol, etc. I love reading the recipes because my first thought was what on earth would I eat if I was brave enough to try this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen - I DO feel great!

    Anonymous - Thanks for the ideas! I thought about the measurements, but by that time I had already lost quite a bit of weight and felt like it was too late. :( But maybe it's not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha - never too late! I'm sure as you continue on you will keep losing weight and having successes! :)
    (Monica - sorry, forgot to sign my name last time)

    ReplyDelete